Monday, September 10, 2007

Kathleen's Sweater

For awhile I have been meaning to make a sweater for Abby's doll, Kathleen. She is an American Girl like doll that we got her for Christmas last year (From AC Moore). I tried to find an available pattern, but then thought they'd be a good idea for the fall craft shows. So, Kathleen had a fitting and this is the result.
It came out well. I sort of winged it! It fits Kathleen, an 18" doll. It also fits her Bitty baby (the smaller American girl doll).



Details: I used leftover bits of ww wool (some eco wool, cascade 220, and handdyed Lion Brand fisherman's wool) on 8's. A great way to use up leftovers!
On a side note, you'd think with how popular these kind of dolls are there would be knitting books/patterns more easily available! I found a whole list of great looking clothes to SEW, but no knitting. Maybe I'll write up this one!