Sunday, August 12, 2007

Amanda's Squatty Sidekick's...Sidekick

After knitting two of the cute Amanda's Squatty Sidekick pattern from Knitting daily, I decided that what I really needed was a smaller version to be used as a change purse or credit card holder. I often just grab my license, credit card, and a dollar or two when I run out to the store. So this littler sidekick had the same shaping, but no handle. It is perfect inside the Squatty sidekick or on its own for those who, like me, like to travel light!

Since I am away there is no picture. But I promise one as soon as I get home!

Amanda's Squatty Sidekick's Sidekick!

Finished Size
the size of a credit card (specific measurement to come)

Yarn
Cascade 220, or any WW feltable wool; leftovers

Needles
Size 10 1/2 : dpn

Notions
Button for closure

Bottom of the bag
Cast on 5 stitches. Work 22 rows, slipping the first stitch knitwise on each row.

Body
Knit the 5 stitches. Pick up and knit 11 along the side, 5 on the cast on edge, and 11 on the second side (32 stitches). Join for working in the round.
Rounds 1-2: Knit
Round 3: (K2, M1, K1, M1, K2), K11. Repeat once more
Round 4: Knit
Round 5: (K3, M1, K1, M1, K3), K11. Repeat once more
Rounds 6-8: Knit
Round 9: (K2, K2tog, K, k2tog, K2), K11. Repeat once more.
Round 10: Knit
Round 11: (K1, K2tog, k, K2tog, K), K11. Repeat once more.
Round 12: Knit
Round 13: (K2tog, K, K2tog, K20, K11. Repeat once more.
Round 14: Knit

Round 15: BO4, Knit 9 (for closure), BO remainder and cut yarn.

Closure
Join yarn on wrong side
Row 1-3: Work in St st
Row 4 (RS): Slip 1 st, ssk, K3, K2tog, K1
Row 5: Purl
Row 6: Slip 1, ssk, k1, k2tog, k1
Row 7-9: Work st st
Row 10: Slip 1, ssk, K2
Row 11: Purl
Knit 2 st I cord for ~1 inch and then graft to other 2 stitches.

Finishing
Weave in all ends. Felt the purse (I did the felting by hand in the sink since it is so little). Attach the button and enjoy!!!