Wednesday, June 13, 2007

World of Color

I realized the other day that I have never posted any of my dyeing efforts. I really enjoying dyeing yarns and I love getting my kids involved too. Until recently, they thought Kool Aid was just yarn dye. We'd walk by that section in the grocery store and they'd ask if we needed any dye!! We'd get some odd looks! I always mean to make enough to sell, but seem to fall in love and not part with (much of) it. But, I am thinking of putting some of the best ones up for sale on etsy. I dyed ~300 yards of worsted weight wool yesterday in a gradient of a beautiful teal/blue. Just lovely. I have no idea how much to ask or expect. I guess I'll see what comparable yarns sell for and go from there!

Here are yesterday's efforts. I call in tide pool:

On the knitting front, I didn't get any work done on the vest (PTO meeting last night ran late). I did finish the heart scarf. It is lovely and I promise a picture after it is heavily blocked!