Sunday, June 24, 2007

Itty Bitty Hats

Back home again. Well, for four days anyway. We had a lovely trip to the Cape. Beautiful weather and another nice boat trip this morning. Knitting-wise I took a little break of sorts. I decided to get some instant gratification and knit up some baby hats. I got Itty Bitty Hats from the library last week. I put in the request last December! So, here is my parade of hats!!
Standard seed stitch brim hat, size 1-2 (handdyed Lion Wool)
Adorable flower hat, size 6mo-1year (Cascade 220 pink, Lion wool cream)
Seed stitch brimmed square hat with pom poms, size 6-12 mo (as above)
Bear hat, I made two. One is newborn and one is 12 months. (Lion Wool brown)
The cutest bonnet ever (Marshmellow Bonnet). I used the summer flowers yarn dyed back a few days. In the seed stitch, the colors meld together and look BEAUTIFUL! I used the leftovers for the first hat. (handdyed lion wool)



This will be the ribbon hat (see the holes). I did this on the car ride so it still needs finishing and ribbons. Size is 3-4T. (Bernat I think denimstyle. I got this for $1 at Joanns. It is very soft)Cotton standard hat, size 6 months. Also in the car, so not yet finished! (cotton silk yarn I got from a swap, no tags).

Now that I am home, it is back to finish work on my sample knits. Then to T's vest.