Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Well, I found a daytime project and got though about half of it! We tried to beat the rain and go for a swim. After about 10 minutes the rain started pouring down. I gave the kids a snack and let them watch an episode of Franklin (which is a great show based on the books) while we waited for the rain to stop. So, I got 30 minutes of knitting!

What is the project you ask? The heart scarf from the special breast cancer issue of knitty. I'm knitting it is worsted weight on 8s, so it is thinner and a bit lacey (which is what I was going for). It will be about 48 inches long, maybe a bit more after it is blocked. Oh, the yarn (from a swap) is red Sugarloaf Valley Yarns which is a merino/microfiber blend. I think it will be beautiful after blocking.

Here are my answers to the latest MEME!

#1 Is it about the finished item or about the process of knitting? Some of both? Has your focus changed one direction or the other over time? Definitely both. I really enjoy the process but the product at the end is my motivation!


#2 How do you view mistakes? Do you think they give your project character? Is it important to have one, as my Aunt says, because only God is perfect? Or would you rip all the way back to row 5 of your husband's finished sweater knit on size 3 needles to eradicate a mistake no one else would notice? HaHa! I like mistakes and expect that no one but me sees mine. I will rip out obvious stuff of course. I like the story that Persian rugs have one error put there on purpose. Kinda gets it out of the way so you aren't so worried about making a mistake.


#3 Would you rather knit a project that is comfortable for your skill level, or do you prefer a challenge that requires you to figure out new things? Both! I like to alternate between a challenge and something simple. The simple ones are sort of like comfort food for knitters!!


#4 What is something you really want to make but haven't yet? What holds you back? Is it money, skill level, time, fear of the unknown or something else? Can't think of a type of project I haven't done but want to. There are MOST definitely yarns I would love to try but as a stay at home mom on a budget I just can't justify. But I deal with that by swapping or buying just a single ball of nice yarn for a small project.

Fun fun!!