Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vacation!

Well, we are just a few days into our weeklong Cape vacation. We come up for a few days at a time, but it has been lovely to spend a longer time. Wook has until Sunday and we'll stay through the next Thursday. Just in time to get home and ready for the first day of school (!) on the next Monday. PJ is going to half day Kindergarten and Abby will be strating first grade. Both are excited.

I've been steadily working on the cambridge jacket. I am most of the way up the first sleeve with the front and back all finished. The problem is that I just started my last skein of yarn. Oops. I'm hopeful though that I can get more once I get home (I'm using Patons merino). But that leaves me with a week to go on vacation and no yarn to finish the sweater. Not to fear though, since I packed a huge bag (okay 2 bags) with yarn just in case. I'm planning on getting started with a doll for Wook's cousin's daughter. Her grandmother, Wook's aunt, asked me to knit one for her after seseing A's topsy turvy at her birthday party.

Well, off to stop the whining. Too bad that doesn't seem to take a vacation!