Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hand-in-Hand Cable Vest - Fini!!

Yippee! Yeah! Hurray! I can't tell you how pleased I am both that the vest is done and how nice it came out. Without further ado:
Details:
Pattern- Hand-in-Hand Cable vest, IK Summer 2007; I made the largest size without any mods
Yarn - Two and about 1/2 skein of Cascade Ecological wool in the dark grey
Mod: Well, I made one modification. I put my stepdad's initials (TD) in the lower right. This pic is before blocking so it is a bit hard to see, but it is there. I wanted it to be barely noticable unless you knew about it. Kind of a knitting inside joke. Sad, right?! You can see it in the full size pic above, but here is a close up.

I also found a great button to the squaty sidekick from the other day. I actually got a whole bag of buttons on clearance at Joanns. Ther are vintage replicas, very neat.

Now, I'll be working on another sample knit bag. The yarn came yesterday. Perfect timing. I don't have to feel guilty about putting the vest aside and I'll have a bit of time to think about which big project to start next.