Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mittens, Maps, and a Critter

Home again, again! I got some work done on some small projects for the winter craft fairs. I started and mostly finished two pairs of wool mittens (size 2-4 and size 4-6). They still need finishing and decorating (to look like crazy bugs), but that part is quick and fun!I also knit these pieces. I used a bunch of different scraps of wool yarn (mostly Cascade 220 and a bit of Patons). Come back tomorrow and see what they become (hint...another critter)!

And what you all (well some of you!!) are here for! We are doing a summer project trying to collect postcards from all the states and as many foreign countries as we can. When we get a card, we read it and look at the picture. Then we find it on the map (or globe), and color it in on our map. Finally, the card gets put into a special photo album. Some of the cards have prompted google searchs for more info (like the Northern Lights!). So thanks everyone. Also, if your state is not yet represented, leave a comment (or email me) and I'll get the address out to you!
These maps are current to today, July 15th, 2007.