Monday, May 14, 2007

Socks and scarves and hats, oh MY!

We'll I've been busy, between A's birthday and mother's day. I knit two pairs of socks. One for my grandma which came out really pretty. I wil have to get a picture of them soon. The others were for A from some yarn I got through Good Yarn Karma. They are really cute. I put calbe "O" around the cuff of one and "X" around the other. She calls them her hugs and kisses socks!!

I also made myself this scarf from 3 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky weight yarn that I got through a Knittyboard swap. I just LOVE the stitch pattern that I found. It looks like zig zags but was easy and fun. The color is more a coral than the pink it seems. I don't usually do coral, but this scarf might just have to stay with me!!


I've just cast on some red paton's merino to make the elizabeth town hat. It is based on the hat from this movie (a good one). I think 1 ball will be just enough to make it.
And to the few people who have asked, I promise to do a quick photo shoot later actually WEARING the two tanks!