Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In the woods with my scarves

Sorry for the lapse in posting. We spent the weekend of Memorial Day in th annual camping trip. My family has been going each year forever, but this is the first time the kids had been. It was great fun!! I'll post pics when I get some.


I, of course, brought some campfire knitting. Scarves. Little yarn, easy to transport, brainless for spare moments.



I finished my first lace. Yarn is Debbie Bliss cashmerino baby in a beautiful red. The pattern is falling water. It knit up really easily. It is short, but fine for a little around the next accent with a nice black winter coat.



The second is from Atacama alpaca in a pretty pink/red colorwise (from a swap). It is made from 2 skeins and uses the same pattern I used for Mom's alpaca silk scarf in coral. It is skinnier and longer. Very pretty with the stitch.