Sunday, April 22, 2007

There is no place like home, right?

Well, we arrived home today after our minivacation at the Cape. It is always nice to be home, but I always look forward to going back. It will be at least a few weekends though. Next weekend is A's 6th birthday party and my stepsister's wedding shower. A surprise for her, which is nice. All women, which stinks! Ah well. I'm looking forward to getting back into the school groove. P just has a few more weeks of preschool and then A ends in June. It will be nice having them all summer, though I am sure there will be days I am wishing they'd go year round!!

Yesterday I decided to give this pattern a go. I had 2.5 balls of a black cashmere/merino blend I got on clearance at AC Moore in the same gauge. It looks ok and kniw quickly, but doesn't really fit well. I went back after casting off and added a few inches to the length but it still looks BAD. Ah well. Luckily I didn't invest much time and the yarn felt yummy.



Waiting for me at home, was this beautiful yarn that I got via a swap at Knittyboard. I've always wanted to try the Lorna's Laces yarns, but haven't wanted to pay the price. The color is called Vera and it is sportweight. I am very excited to give it a try with some simple sock pattern.



And, I this is a cute tank I made and just finished blocking. It is from Blue Sky Alpaca with their bulky cotton. I got it as a kit though I can't recall for the life of me where! The color is called Honeydew. I made the small. Only change was to add double crochet to the armholes and neckline.


Tonight I will work on the topsy turvy doll since she is on a deadline for the weekend!