Thursday, May 31, 2007
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I, of course, brought some campfire knitting. Scarves. Little yarn, easy to transport, brainless for spare moments.
I finished my first lace. Yarn is Debbie Bliss cashmerino baby in a beautiful red. The pattern is falling water. It knit up really easily. It is short, but fine for a little around the next accent with a nice black winter coat.
The second is from Atacama alpaca in a pretty pink/red colorwise (from a swap). It is made from 2 skeins and uses the same pattern I used for Mom's alpaca silk scarf in coral. It is skinnier and longer. Very pretty with the stitch.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Here are the rules:
The Rules: Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.
So, here goes nothing
1. I married my high school sweetheart. We started dating when I was a junior in high school and now have been married for 10 years (15 years total).
2. I got my PhD in Genetics at UNC-CH before deciding that I couldn't be both a scientist and a mom. I mean, I could, but I like to do things the best I can. I found I could either be a great scientist or a great mom. And, well, it is just no contest which is more important!
3. I love to read Bobbsey twins books. My kids have about 50 of them and we have been working through them. They beg me to read one more chapter and although I sometimes say no, I love them as much as they do!!
4. I feel most as ease near the water. No idea why, but being near the water soothes me.
5. My Wook and I are on a low carb/Atkins diet for almost a year now. Although I get a bit bored with the food sometimes (lack of variety being my laziness), I have lost 30lbs and weigh less now than before I had my kids.
6. I was always athletic growing up and am happy to be getting a chance to be so again. Now that my wee ones are older, they can ride bikes and jog with me. So exercise time is playtime!
7. Hmmm. I never thought I would have kids. But then I met my Wook and within a few months (yes I know I was in high school!) I knew that someday we would. My two monkeys are the best. They drive me batty, but are great fun. Too smart for their own good, but fun.
That was fun! Now, off to find people to tag!!!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
As for the cables, I teased earlier. They are the DNA double helix. Before I became a mom, I was a scientist. I have my Ph.D. in genetics, so this cable is very well suited for me. Like a secret joke between me and my sweater. Sick I know!!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Monday, May 14, 2007
I also made myself this scarf from 3 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky weight yarn that I got through a Knittyboard swap. I just LOVE the stitch pattern that I found. It looks like zig zags but was easy and fun. The color is more a coral than the pink it seems. I don't usually do coral, but this scarf might just have to stay with me!!
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Pattern: The Yarn Girl's Guide to Older Kid Knits (got at the library, but MUST FIND)
Changes: I did the size 8-9 (so it will be sure to fit and be roomy next winter), but gave an extra inch in length (A's long torso) and sleeves (better to roll than risk it being short). Still needs blocking. I'll get a picture of it on after it is blocked.
My Keyhole Top
Yarn: Plymouth Yarns Bella Colour - Lavender and Lace (from discontinued yarn)
Pattern: Interweave Knits Spring 2007